CASE STUDY: Taunton Deane reduces no access attempts by 50%
- 50% Reduction in No Access
- 100% Landlord Gas Safety Record (LGSR) Compliance
- First time access rates have significantly improved, saving over £55,000 in ‘no access’ journeys
Taunton Deane Borough Council property team have been early adopters of the Gas Tag solution for their stock of 4,500 gas heated homes. This has produced clear evidence of both improved safety and real efficiency savings.
This was achieved through an impressive 50% reduction in engineers “No Access Rates” to properties, plus greater admin and workflow efficiency for engineers.
Outstanding Landlord Gas Safety Records (LGSRs) have been completely removed each month, ensuring 100% compliance. The data relating to this is available in real-time to the property team via the Council’s Gas Tag dashboard.
In addition, administration savings have been made. For example, before introducing the Gas Tag system, paper LGSRs were scanned, uploaded to a database, and assigned to a property. This took time and resources. This all now happens automatically, without errors and the LGSR is available as soon as the service is completed. There is complete assurance.
“Thanks to innovative technology, we’re achieving compliance, reducing our costs and ensuring the safety of our tenants.”
Richard Wiseman, Property Investment Manager, Taunton Deane
In April 2017, Taunton Dean Borough Council agreed to bring their gas servicing, heating repair and maintenance in-house.
The main drivers were cost and greater control. To be successful with the changes, the council wanted to innovate and develop new working practices for effective management of compliance.
Taunton partnered with Gas Tag whose pioneering technology provides a full gas compliance database and workflow monitoring solution, for cyclical and reactive maintenance, as well as capital heating system installations.
The council has seen huge improvements to the way the property team manage compliance, which they put down to the innovative approach realised through the Gas Tag technology. Benefits include:
- Tenant safety – through a unique interface with the Gas Safe Register, they are now assured that the correct work is carried out at the appropriate time, by qualified Gas Safe Registered engineer. This gives everyone peace of mind when it comes to tenant safety.
- Real-time compliance – At the touch of a button, they can demonstrate the full gas compliance position with a comprehensive audit trail. They now have electronic storage of all documentation e.g. LGSRs, repairs, tenant notes, which can be accessed instantly.
- Provable ‘no access’ – The technology gives evidence of ‘no access’. The location is geo-tagged, time-stamped, proving that the engineer has made necessary efforts to complete the work. First time access rates have significantly improved, saving over £55,000 in ‘no access’ journeys.
“The quality of the information now captured and the ease by which it can be accessed is a huge step forward.
“Our future gas appliance upgrade programme is now based on accurate asset data, generated by qualified engineers and includes supporting photographs. Thanks to innovative technology, we’re achieving compliance, reducing our costs and ensuring the safety of our tenants.”
Want to know what Gas Tag can do for your organisation? Book a demo here.