Gas Tag Ltd (We) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Scope of Policy
- the Gas Tag mobile application software (App) once you have downloaded or streamed a copy of the App onto your mobile telephone or handheld device (Device); and
- any of the services accessible through the App (Services).
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how We will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Gas Tag Ltd of Floor 6, 4 St Paul’s Square, Liverpool, Merseyside, England, L3 9SJ.
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us (Submitted information): You may give us information about you by filling in forms on the App, or by corresponding with us (for example, by e-mail). This includes information you provide when you register to use the App, subscribe to any of our Services, share data via the App and when you report a problem with an App or our Services. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, the Device’s phone number, age, username, password and other registration information, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
- Information we collect about you and your device. Each time you use our App we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the type of mobile device (Device) you use, a unique device identifier (for example, your Device’s IMEI number, the MAC address of the Device’s wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the Device), mobile network information, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use and time zone setting (Device Information);
- information stored on your Device, including contact information, login information, photos, videos or other digital content or check ins (Content Information);
- details of your use of any the App including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access (Log Information).
- Location information. We will also use GPS technology to determine your current location.
- Information we receive from other sources (Third Party Information). We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners) and may receive information about you from them.
If you contact us, We may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Unique application numbers: when you install or uninstall a Service containing a unique application number or when such a Service searches for automatic updates, that number and information about your installation, for example, the type of operating system, may be sent to us.
Uses Made of Your Information
We use information held about you to verify your Gas Safe Register credentials and your location when using the Gas Tag App to facilitate the functionality of the App and the Services for the intended purpose in respect of works relating to gas applications, installations, maintenance, repair and servicing.
We may associate any category of information with any other category of information and will treat the combined information as personal data in accordance with this policy for as long as it is combined.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose some or all of the information held about you to landlords, Gas Safe Register and any other relevant third parties to facilitate the functionality of the App and the Services for the intended purpose in respect of works relating to gas applications, installations, maintenance, repair and servicing.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Gas Tag Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
- In order to:
- protect the rights, property or safety of Gas Tag Ltd, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our website or the App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website or the App; any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if We intend to use your data for such purposes or if We intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms We use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Access to Information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information We hold about you.